Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Stereoviews A to Z: April Challenge

A friend talked me into participating in the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge and I am so excited. Beginning in April, all of my posts (for one month) will be in alphabetical order. There will one post per day, except for Sunday (26 posts total). Anyone interested in the blog challenge can sign up as late as April 1. Just have a post ready to go on that day. Postings can be theme-based or random. They just need to follow the alphabet. I hope you will stop by and see how I am doing. Let me know if you sign up, too!

 If there are any A to Z Challenge participants visiting my blog already, WELCOME!!! I will be delving into an old collection of stereoview cards (Stereoviews A-Z) recently inherited from my mother. These are 3-D photos on cards normally viewed through a Stereoscope. The cards were enjoyed in the 1920s and 30s by my mother's family, but the dates of the photos are older (1890s to pre-1910). I will be commenting on the culture of the time and any historical tidbits I discover, but be prepared for some fun slapstick comedy, too. Check label "Things We Collect" for similar posts.

Here is the line-up for STEREOVIEWS A-Z

A -
Apprentice Bags the Painter

B -
Brief History of the Stereoscope

C - Chumps on the Street

D- Desperate Times

E - Eerie Sponges

F - Flocking Together at the Beach

G - Good Friends

H - Historical U.S. Buildings 1890s

I - Indoor Time with Mama

J - Juggler Gets a Surprise

K - Keyhole Dilemma

L - Looey and Hans Get a Spanking

M - Mr. Jones, Please Remove Your Hat

N - Native Americans

O - Oh, My Aching Head

P - Pulling Teeth

Q - Question. What's Happening Here?

R - Resting

S - Sawing the Bass Fiddle

T - Twentieth Century Woman

U - U.S. Scenery 1890s

V - Vanity and the Portrait

W - World Destinations 1890s

X - "X" Marks the Spot

Y - Young Gladiator

Z - "Z" Perfect Day



Copyright 2013 © Sharon Himsl 



Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing

14 comments:

  1. You're going to have so much fun with this ... and so will your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy for talking me into the A-Z blog challenge! I look forward to learning more about enneagrams on your site, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to reading your posts, Sharon! I especially like the title, "Mr. Jones, Please Remove Your Hat" and "Vanity and the Portrait." Also, I have a really cute print from an old music book that I will bring you on Wednesday. I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! It should be a lot of fun. There is so much variety. Be sure to bring the print. Yes, I would love to see it :) Hope the writing is going well. See you Wednesday!

      Delete
  4. I keep trying to decide if I want to do this, but I'm not sure if I'll talk myself into it. Good luck, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kellie for stopping by! I understand your hesitation. It has been a huge undertaking for me, but I'm learning a lot about a subject I have wanted to explore for a long time . . . and now I am meeting some nice people in the process. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on joining the A-Z, and having a theme all set to go. That's great! I haven't decided on a theme, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miranda, can't wait to see the theme you pick. What a great way to learn something new. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really exciting Sharon. I've never even heard of stereoview cards! Are you going to share the images too? Is that even possible? I feel like I'm asking too much... but I'm just so intrigued! Can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit, Sopphey! I'm so glad you are interested. Yes, I will be scanning and posting all of the images, and there are lots, believe me! Looking forward to your blog, too :)

      Delete
  9. I like your A to Z ideas. I am trying to line up my thoughts as well but no theme, really. Enjoy the challenge. I'll be back to visit. God bless, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Good to hear from you, Maria. I'm sure your posts will be interesting. Looking forward to A-Z, but 'whoa' what a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just thought I'd stop by to wish you luck. It looks like you're all prepared for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebeccah! I'm going to pop on over to your blog and check it out. Nice to meet you:)

      Delete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.