Friday, May 1, 2015

A-Z Challenge Theme Reveal - Something Inventive


Well, I almost backed out of the now famous A-Z April Challenge, but it's kind of like a fever. The more you think about it, the more affected you feel, only in a good way. It's just plain fun to participate, and yes....it was a burnout last year, and yes....I had to take time off to recover. But in the end I had this pretty cool collection that I was proud of and people seemed to enjoy. 

So, what to do, what to do? What could I possibly write again that would keep bloggers interested? I did what I always do when I write a post (and for the last two A-Zs). I chose a topic I was personally interested in and wanted to explore.


So, TA-DA.....Inventions by Women A-Z

 
Now, before some of you guys do an about face and run (or you non-history buffs :) thinking . . . ~B-O-R-I-N-G~, "I'm out of here," think again. 

You might be surprised at some of the inventions women made that have had a huge impact on your life, and you couldn't live without if you tried. 

How about Engine Mufflers and Windshield Wipers? And ladies, how about Barbie Dolls, Rolling Pins and Disposable Diapers? I try to keep it light, short, informative, and fun, and selected only one invention per post for the A-Z. There were many to choose from!

Here's the lineup:


A - Alphabet Blocks
B - Barbie Doll
C - Chocolate Chip Cookies
D - Disposable Diapers
E - Engine Muffler
F - Fire Escape
G - Globes
H - Home Security System
I - Invisible Glass
J - Jerky
K - Kevlar
L - Life Raft
M - Monopoly
N - Nystatin
O - Optical Analysis System
P - Paper Bags
Q - Q-tips
R - Rolling Pin
S - Spread Spectrum Technology
T - Telephone Switching System
U - Unknown Inventors
V - Vacuum Canning
W - Windshield Wipers
X -X-rays on Wheels
Y - Yellow Mustard Powder
Z - Zucchini Bread


  Click here for more A-Z Theme Reveals






Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing



24 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a great theme! I'd known some of these things had been invented by women, but definitely not all. Looking forward to seeing your posts on this topic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The themes sure seem interesting. Looking forward to read more about it!
    Dropping by from A to Z Blogging!

    Cheers
    Katha Krishna
    (http://kathaadream.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon .. great idea - they'll be fun to learn about - women have done lots with life and inventions over the centuries .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. A woman invented Kevlar? THAT'S AWESOME! Look forward to running into you during A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be fun to read:) I know Hedy Lamarr invented something that we now know as cell phones. You have to look it up for the scientific thing:) I will look forward to this like the life raft and the optical analysis system

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I had no idea! Can't wait to read up on this!

    And yeah, my blogging takes a nosedive in May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. checking in from A to Z - love your theme....I will definitely follow your progress. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an AWESOME theme. Not boring at all! Really looking forward to reading what you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! This is a great theme! I found you through your comment on another blog and I can't wait to see how you're going to present those inventions!

    Alex Hurst, A Fantasy Author in Kyoto
    Out of Print, Fiction authors and their shorts

    A-Z Blogging in April Participant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inventions are a great idea! Looking forward to this.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, chocolate chip cookies! I am there! Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering if you would be doing spread-spectrum technology. Hedy Lamarr was not only beautiful, she was a genius. Looking forward to the others as well.

    John Holton
    The Sound Of One Hand Typing

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool theme :-)
    I'm an history buff, so you won't be surprise, and I love to learn about everyday life more than I like learning about big history events (though I like those too).
    Count me in for April! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good theme. I've especially looking forward to N is for Nystatin. That sounds interesting.
    Elizabeth Hein - Scribbling in the Storage Room

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can think of a few inventions by women I've known but I don't think that's what you had in mind. This sounds like an interesting topic. Glad you got the A to Z bug again.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm really looking forward to this! Sounds so interesting.
    I swore I wasn't going to do the A to Z this year and then I got sucked in at almost the last minute. You're right, it is like a fever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome theme! :) Not boring at all!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great theme.
    A woman invented Kevlar? Way to go!
    See you around on the A to Z race track.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks God for those chocolate chip cookies! Cool theme.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds great Sharon. I look forward to reading about all those clever women.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great theme. Girls are more practical than guys, at least that's how it is in my house anyway. I don't even know what spread spectrum technology is!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And wishing all of you the best too! Hope everyone is ready to go on April. I'm up to letter "P" today, so won't reach my goal to finish by then. Doing better than last year though, which was so crazy (I did most the night before).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful theme Sharon! I look forward to it! Your posts look so interesting too - just back from being away so haven't had a chance to look at them but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  24. p.s. How do I subscribe so as to receive your A-Z posts? Don't have yahoo and the others .. can I subscribe via email?

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.