Thursday, June 22, 2017

RELEASE DAY!! GOAL! THE SHELLS OF MERSING is HERE!

 Finish line. Made the Goal. Here at last. The Tortoise won the Race. The Big Tuh-duh!!   


SERIOUSLY, this is a big deal. My FIRST work of fiction published. HOLY MOLY!!

Party anyone? NOT. I'm a writer. I hole up in my office and play with words. That's what writers do. I never did learn how to party.

Butfor being here to Celebrate with me.

Okay, enough chatter. This is THE SHELLS OF MERSING'S big day. Callie is dying to tell her story and I'm going to let her take it from here ....

"I have a gun frozen in my hand, and a scream welling up inside. No one would believe me in a million years if I told the truth..."

25% off for two weeks starting today at Evernight Teen. Also available on Amazon. Print copies available in August. Pop on over and take a look and give me a CHEER. I'm over the moon, doing cartwheels, releasing balloons, filled to the max excited!!


Blurb:

When notorious Uncle Azman disobeys his boss’s orders, and sends Callie and Lucas to meet their mother's long lost family in Malaysia, fourteen-year-old Callie Davis believes their troubles are over. After all they've endured, what more could go wrong? Their American dad is dead, Mom is missing, and their foster dad in Seattle was murdered, with Callie falsely accused. If that wasn't enough, Callie stowed aboard a sailboat with her eight-year-old brother to escape, only to be targeted by their uncle’s boss in Hawaii upon arrival for immediate sale in Thailand’s human trafficking market. Disguised in Muslim dress, in case Azman’s boss sends someone after them, Callie believes it’s simply a matter of time. They need to find safety with family in Mersing and begin the search for Mom, but a shell box, a ruby, and a boy from Chicago named Sam are about to change everything.  


More Fun Facts at Author Page  

 

25 comments:

  1. Good luck, loved the post most enjoyable.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by to cheer me on. Thanks, Yvonne!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sharon - well done and have lots of fun celebrating its release ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought this day would never come. Thanks, Hilary!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Enjoy your first release. It will always be special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your visit means a lot :) You have cheered on a lot of writers since I started blogging in 2011. Amazing support. Thank you, Alex!

      Delete
  4. So the day has finally come, amazing! What a long journey it has been. Enjoy this new venture, and best of luck with it. Hope you sell many books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. You were probably my first reader of Shells... in the writers' group you started. I am forever indebted. Thank you so much, Cathy!

      Delete
  5. I can't stop reading it! It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are enjoying, Scott :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Hey Sharon,

    Hearty congrats, my friend. This calls for a virtual party! Okay?

    Consider this post and the good news, well and truly shared.

    Wishing you a most contented weekend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, a virtual party then. I like that. And a bark or two from your four-legged friend. I'm basking in the moment, waiting for reality to strike....which of course it will. Thanks, Gary!

      Delete
  7. Many congrats on your book debut! That is beyond amazing, for sure! ~\o/~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Sharon! (Toots virtual party noisemaker!) May the sales be tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cover!! If you'd like to have a guet post on my blog, please contact me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Could not find your contact page anywhere. Left a message on your 'about' page.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations and well deserved! Beautiful cover and I look forward to reading - Chad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chad! I hope you get a chance to read, and glad you like the cover :) I do too. I keep thinking of all the shells I collected on Mersing's beach. Remember your visit there way back when? What an exciting time that was for our family!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.