Friday, June 16, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things: Repurposing the A-Z

Well, I'm coming to the end of the week rather exhausted but pleased with myself. I completed an aviation display for our airport's annual Desert Aire Fly-In this coming weekend.


Pilots will be flying in from all over to have breakfast, show off their planes to the community, and talk about aviation. Some Fly-Ins are huge, but being a small community, ours will be held in one hangar, large enough for a small crowd and three or so displays. And of course, there will be plenty to see on the tarmac with all the planes. The kids love seeing the planes.

The display looks great. I made a collage of photos on poster board of all the "Pioneer Women in Aviation" pilots from the 2016 April A-Z, and copied the blog posts into two notebooks. Love that I could repurpose my favorite A-Z theme thus far. It's something I've always wanted to do.




Enjoy the weekend!




Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing

12 comments:

  1. Oh well done Sharon ... brilliant and so clever - have a brilliant weekend and enjoy the airshow and all things plane oriented! Desert-Aire Fly-In ... sounds lots of fun ... enjoy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilary. Lots yet to do. A group of us will be decorating this afternoon. Planning for this event begins as early as Feb. My neighbor is doing an excellent job chairing the event.

      Delete
  2. What an achievement, you must be proud of yourself. Well done Sharon.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those posts and hours of research. It was a shame not to do something with them. Thanks, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You do have Bessie Coleman somewhere in that display, of course? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, absolutely! Love Bessie's story and how she had to travel to France to pursue her interest in flying.

      Delete
  5. Great job on the collage! Lots to celebrate this week. Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Just learned the double stick tape isn't working. Looks like I'll be pasting photos as they fall, but still love the results :)

      Delete
  6. Oh that is so great! I love the collage and that you were able to talk about these women againfrom your A to Z challenge. I hope everyone was properly impressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everyone enjoys it too. I really did like learning about them! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. You did an amazing job! It sounds like it was very interesting too.

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.