Friday, December 14, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things - Christmas Chores



--I finished my Christmas letter yesterday. The cards are stacking up, nearly ready. I always breathe a sigh of relief when it's over. 


I hate to call it a chore, but it's a lot of work and there are all those added handwritten notes you have to write. I'm not faithful every year. I missed last year. We were just too busy getting my mother moved into her new place.


--Email greetings. I have family in Norway and write special letters to them. Thank goodness, I can do translations with Google Translate Some of my relatives barely speak English.

--Decorations. About all I'm going to do. No tree this year but I have plenty of other Christmas do-dads to pretty up the rooms. I might pull out the Christmas village.

--Outdoor decorations. Sorry, just a wreath and a "Merry Christmas" door hanger, but I do admire my relatives who could easily win a contest.

--Presents mailed. Yay for Amazon Prime. An hour away for shopping is no problem at all. I go to my computer and can order just about anything, even gift wrap. Please "Mr. Government" don't take my Amazon away. I can afford this service at the current rate. I heard somewhere that Amazon was under attack by the administration. 

--Christmas gift to Vince and me this year is coming - A 55 gallon aquarium and stand! Can't wait for it to arrive. Then it's off to the pet store for our new pets. I'll post pictures after it's all set up. 


~~Sharon
 

To join "Celebrate the Small Things, visit Lexa Cain's blog

Co-hosts are: L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge 
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog





Sharon M. Himsl
Published: Evernight Teen 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that’s a big tank. I got Lance a 30 gallon tank for Christmas. Have fun with your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll have a ball :) A nice size too. We have the perfect spot for a larger one. It's quite long and only 12 inches wide, so fish easy to view.

      Delete
  2. What pretty pictures with your post! It must indeed be a busy time of year for you, but you have it well organised. What kind of fish do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. As for the fish, I don't know yet. Setting up the tank first and reading a lot. We're also having new flooring installed, so waiting on that. Leaning toward a saltwater tank so I can have clown fish and live coral. They are more work but I really want "Nemo" :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm not doing a tree this year because I didn't have room with a new computer desk. Good thing I'm moving to the downstairs apartment and can figure out how to arrange things so I can put my tree up next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I know how you feel. The tree is huge and hard to handle. Moving with all those boxes just adds to the mess. I do have trees though. Tiny table top ones, and I added gold ornaments to a palm tree. It works for me. Christmas magic still here, and the real reason for celebrating, Christ's birth, still resonates!

      Delete
  4. I'm always happier when the to-dos are done and it feels easier to enjoy the merriment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I always think I won't get trapped in all the to-do's, but Christmas always takes over and I must admit I do enjoy it! :)

      Delete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.