Monday, September 19, 2016

The Classics - CLOSING LINES: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith


 

"Only the margin left to write on now. I love you, I love you, I love you." 

(published 1949)







I love the classics and plan to share more "CLOSING lines" over the coming months. Comment if you wish, or read for inspiration. Writing styles were different then, or were they really? 




Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing
 

8 comments:

  1. This was such a delightful book. I read it twice and then started going through it an underlining things, trying to figure out what made it such a brilliant book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so-o smart! I have thought to do the same with writing I admire.

      Delete
  2. I have not read this book but love the closing line because it's positive and sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this book, excellent last lines.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.