Saturday, December 17, 2016

Words of Old at Christmastime: "Christmas at Orchard House" by Louisa May Alcott

Excerpt:

“Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents,” grumbled Jo, lying on the rug.



“It's so dreadful to be poor!" sighed Meg, looking down at her old dress.

"I don't think it's fair for some girls to have plenty of pretty things, and other girls nothing at all," added little Amy, with an injured sniff.

"We've got Father and Mother, and each other," said Beth contentedly from her corner.


Published 1868

Click here for full story 





Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing

2 comments:

  1. Beth had her priorities right. Lovely post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure does. These girls go on to learn much about life.

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.