Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blessed Easter

Vintage postcards from the family's archive . . .  I do miss the Easter egg hunts, dyeing all those eggs, and filling the children's baskets with candy (no grandchildren here unfortunately), but it is always good to reflect on the real meaning of Easter.
"Easter Blessings Crown Thee"

(Postcard addressed to my grandfather Carl in Bisbee, ND from ?? in Norway)


Postcard is addressed to my great-great grandmother Beret from a sister in Norway.
(Baret Marie Carlsen was born in Sylten, Norway in 1842)


A Joyful Easter to all of you!!



(A re-post from April 2013)
(postcards from Gravseth family archive) 



Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing


About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.