Thursday, November 21, 2013

National Book Awards (2013): Young People's Literature

 Check out the Winners of the 2013 National Book Awards for Young people's literature.



(WINNER)

Cynthia Kadohata, "The Thing About Luck"
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Ages: 10 to 14

(FINALISTS)

Kathi Appelt, "The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp"
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Ages: 8 to 12
Tom McNeal, "Far Far Away"
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers, Ages: 12 and up
Meg Rosoff, "Picture Me Gone"
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile, Ages: 12 and up
Gene Luen Yang, "Boxers & Saints"
Publisher: First Second, Ages: 12 to 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.