Monday, October 22, 2018

The Classics - Opening Lines: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving

Boo!! A Halloween classic....

Related image


"In the bosom of one of those spacious coves which indent the eastern shore of the Hudson, at that broad expansion of the river denominated by the ancient Dutch navigators the Tappan Zee, and where they always prudently shortened sail and implored the protection of St. Nicholas when they crossed, there lies a small market town or rural port, which by some is called Greensburgh, but which is more generally and properly known by the name of Tarry Town."          (published 1820)


A delightful retelling of the story in film with
Jeff Goldblum.1st broadcasted October 31, 1980.








Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow featured here. One of my favorite classics to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I saw this all over the internet. A popular Halloween tale for sure!

      Delete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.