Monday, March 21, 2016

The Classics - CLOSING LINES: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


 
 "Lastly, she pictured to herself how this same little sister of hers would, in the after-time, be herself a grown woman; and how she would keep, through all her riper years, the simple and loving heart of her childhood: and how she would gather about her other little children, and make their eyes bright and eager with many a strange tale, perhaps even with the dream of Wonderland of long ago: and how she would feel with all their simple sorrows, and find a pleasure in all their simple joys, remembering her own child-life, and the happy summer days."     (Published 1865) 
  

 I love the classics and plan to alternately share some "CLOSING lines" over the coming months. Comment if you wish, or read for inspiration. Writing styles were different then, or were they really? 








Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing

8 comments:

  1. Goodness. I must have read Alice in Wonderland a kazillion times growing up, but I never read that ending. You must have a copy of the original publication. I loved that book. It's one of those books that simply wears well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never read this tale. I k ow someone whose daughter is getting her PH.D. And is focusing on Alice in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have heard similar. Have never read this myself.

      Delete
  3. Ah Yes! a favourite book of mone as a child, Wonderful lines.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the old Disney movie for me and the remakes. But the book is quite different, I hear.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful ending lines - they say so much and speak to a yearning in me somewhere, somehow! Thanks Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hear much about this curious book. Really should read someday! Thanks!

      Delete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.