Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Classics - Opening Lines: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Timeless_Books.jpg/320px-Timeless_Books.jpg
It is truth universally  acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. (Published 1813)




I love the classics and plan to share some "opening lines" over the coming months. Comment if you like, or read for inspiration. Writing styles were different then, but were they really?

6 comments:

  1. Now, that one is a classic opening line! Many people who have never read the book(I have) still know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great opening lines and a great post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That opening line is great even for today considering how many young women marry very old, but rich, men

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.