Friday, December 16, 2016

Words of Old at Christmastime: "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle" by Arthur Conan Doyle

Excerpt:

"I had called upon my friend Sherlock Holmes upon the second morning after Christmas, with the intention of wishing him the compliments of the season. He was lounging upon the sofa in a purple dressing-gown, a pipe-rack withing his reach upon the right, and 



 
a pile of crumpled morning papers, evidently newly studied, near at hand. Beside the couch was a wooden chair, and on the angle of the back hung a very seedy and disreputable hard-felt hat, much the worse for wear, and cracked in several places. A lens and a forceps lying upon the seat of the chair suggested that the hat had been suspended in this manner for the purpose of examination."

Published 1892. Click here for full story






Sharon M. Himsl

Writer/Author. Blogging since 2011. 
Published with Evernight Teen: 
~~The Shells of Mersing


2 comments:

  1. Another ggo dpost Sharon. I am enjoying your theme and I look forward to your next post. Thank you.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) A little mystery to add to the mix. I'm surprised at the variety.

    ReplyDelete

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary
(A.B. Alcott). Stay and visit awhile. Your comments mean a lot to me.

About Me

My photo
You could call me an eternal optimist, but I'm really just a dreamer. l believe in dream fulfillment, because 'sometimes' dreams come true. This is a blog about my journey as a writer and things that inspire and motivate me.