|A Sleigh Ride through the trees would be so nice right now.|
First, it is always good to remember ....
I have no Yesterdays,
Time took them away;
Tomorrow may not be--
But I have Today. (Pearl Yeadon McGinnis)
Things to celebrate this week....
1) I put my living back together after the fireplace install (had to move the furniture back). I actually like rearranging furniture. I can work out a lot of stress this way, and anyone who knows me has seen me do this a lot over the years.
We are still waiting to have the rug re-tacked. Ugh. A small thing really, but finding a carpet business willing to take on a small job when they have more important jobs to do (i.e. large carpet orders) was a bit irritating. "I'm your future customer," I wanted to say . . . "or not." Okay, long story short, someone finally agreed to help . . . tomorrow....so celebrating one merchant's kindness and consideration.
2) Completed some serious edits on the last chapters of my book. Not sure I'm going to make the 'end of month' deadline for a full-on submission, but I'm going to try. I'm a whole lot closer this month than last month.
3) Read 3 chapters for my Master Gardener's class and took three online quizzes. Holy moly! I'm learning about cell structure, botany, soil chemistry, and all things related to plant science and horticulture. Gardening is all about good planning and knowledge beforehand.
4) Edited a book proposal on Biofuel Production for a professor I occasionally work for. I know nothing about Biofuels, but it will be interesting to learn about this subject. We certainly need more fuel alternatives!
5) Celebrating a product called 'Arnicare' for bruises and aches. When I slipped on the ice and hit my head last week, I had a terrible bump and bruising. Still do, but it looks a lot better. Hope I don't shock two writer friends this Saturday. I know I look like someone punched me in the eye.
6) Attending a SCBWI writer's workshop in Spokane this weekend called "Building a Following: How to Grow Your Author Platform Before and After Publication." Hopefully, I will learn something!!
So back to needing a break, I really do. I'm going to drop off the blog grid for a while, probably for the rest of January. I need to get my book ready for submission......so it's crunch time. But I'll be back, I promise. Blogging is in my blood. Sometimes we just need a break . . .
Hope there were good things in your week, too.
Celebrate.... was started by Viklit at Scribblings of An Aspiring Author. Sign up below and meet some terrific writers and bloggers!